It makes it possible to automate web browsing using Excel and VBA code or using a simple VBS file executed by double-clicking on it. User's actions can be recorded using the Firefox plugin named "Selenium IDE" and translated to VBA or VBS with the provided formatters.
It comes usefull to:
- Automate repetitive web browser tasks.
- Quickly fill a web form multiple times with an Excel data set.
- Extract data from a web page in an Excel sheet.
- Run web tests against an Excel data set (Data-Driven Testing).
- Take screenshots of a Web site and save them in a PDF file.
- Use the selenium automation framework within QTP (Quick Test Pro).
- Compare the rendering of two web pages to quickly detect regressions
- Measure the page loading time as well as the server response time.
This project provides:
- A COM library to use Selenium with Excel in the Visual Basic Editor or within a visual basic script (VBS).
- The Selenium IDE plugin with new formatters to convert recorded actions to the VBA/VBS programming language.
- All the Selenium 2 commands
- A console application to run scripts
- A simple and quick way to drive Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera and PhantomJS (headless webkit).
Third party software
Windows 8.1 / Excel 2010 32-bit / Firefox 39 / Selenium IDE 2.9.0
Windows 7 / Excel 2010 32-bit / Firefox 39 / Selenium IDE 2.9.0
Windows XP / Excel 2003 / Firefox 39 / Selenium IDE 2.9.0
Authors and Contributors